Dyson V8 Absolute | Dyson Community
Question

Dyson V8 Absolute

• 18 June 2024
  • 2 replies

My V8 Absolute is charging and the battery lights up  when you pull the trigger. However, the vacuum stopped working.  All of the tubes are clear and the filters are cleaned regularly. 

I’ve only had it since end of November’23…about six months of use before it died. I called support today to get warranty service. Representative said the head unit needs to be replaced and they have no stock. Apparently, there are no replacements available and I’ll get an email in a week or two and I should call back in. What?    A great solution would be to replace it with a current comparable model that does the same cleaning.

There seem to be lots of posts like this on other forums. Maybe a class action suit would help them get there service back on track.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @RoundRockTX,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this.

I’m sorry to hear about the issue you’ve had with your vacuum, and that the US Customer Care team have no available stock of replacement main body assemblies to resolve this for you as quickly as we’d normally aim for.

If you’re unhappy with the resolution offered, you would need to continue your conversation directly with the US Customer Care team. They’ll have access to your records on our system, and are better placed to offer support.

This isn’t something we’ll be able to resolve for you via the Dyson Community forum. I’m sorry we’re not able to offer further assistance on this particular occasion, but the US team will be happy to discuss this further.

I purchased a V8 in December the lever to empty has always been difficult compared to my previous stains . Now it doesn’t work at all , then comes the next bit the worst customer service ever call centre in Central America could not get a guarantee on the date the courier would pick up , kind of essential if I have to be there !!!  Bought through AO tried to sort through them , they did their best but Dyson reps blatant lied about the pick up as they then told me and AO they couldn’t book anything as server was down . Complained to the top and had a call today from a guy again rep based in Central America who despite the escalation of my complaint and an AO manager contacting him first was appalling and said they cancelled the date yet they said the server was down stories don’t add up . 
Yoi pay a higher price for brand and customer service , product poor and customer service non existence nothing like 5 years ago .

I will ensure everyone I know  understands that they should avoid Dyson products unless they want a poor product and lose dsys trying to actually resolve an issue . Wish I xxe on here before purchasing , competitors are price competitive and actually care about customer/ brand loyalty.