putting cordless vacuum in storage | Dyson Community
Solved

putting cordless vacuum in storage

We are putting our 12 month old gens5 complete detect cordless vacuum into storage for six months, what should I do with the battery, do I leave it fully charged?

icon

Best answer by Jack 5 June 2024, 11:37

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

I would discharge the battery about half way and then disconnect it from the machine. Other than that the only thing I could recommend would be keeping it in a dry, cool place as this will prevent rusting of the connectors

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @spotlucy,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

I’ve double-checked this directly with one of our senior Floorcare design engineers for you. His recommendation would be to avoid storing the battery fully charged, and instead storing it with around 30-50% charge left. The storage location should be cool (preferably between 5-15°C) but please avoid outdoor locations, sheds, cold garages etc to make sure it’s not subjected to extreme temperatures or high humidity.

The battery can be detached and stored separately from the machine itself, if this makes finding a suitable location easier for you.

Hope this helps!