Dyson Supersonic fuchsia paint scratches easily | Dyson Community
Question

Dyson Supersonic fuchsia paint scratches easily

I bought my Dyson Supersonic (iron/fuchsia) about a year and a half ago, and I still love it as much as the day I bought it.
As a general rule, I take extremely good care of my stuff, so it’s annoying that the fuchsia paint on the bezel scratches off so easily on the rare occasion that I bumped the edge of it against the table while styling (not even hard!).
There are a total of only 3 small dents/scratches on the edge in the entire time I have used it, so I think I’ve done well, but I paid a lot for this hairdryer, so it annoys me that the paint scratches off so easily.
I think it has something to do with the matte finish, since the nickel/copper version has a gloss finish and doesn’t seem to have this issue.

I’ve looked online but there doesn’t seem to be any solution available, other than “just live with it”.
I’ve dabbed some fuchsia acrylic paint over the scratches since it’s water-based and doesn’t affect the finish on the hairdryer, but it would be nice if there was a recommended product available or, if Dyson would sell a fuchsia paint for touch-ups.

Does anybody have any ideas or advice?
Is it possible to replace the bezel at some point, for example? (No I don’t think this is necessary for a couple of scratches but it’d be nice to know what options are available!)
Thanks a lot!

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.