Where do you have your Purifier? | Dyson Community

Where do you have your Purifier?

• 12 August 2021
  • 9 replies
Where do you have your Purifier?
Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Anyone that has had a Purifier for a while may have their own tips and tricks for getting the best out of their machine.

The best place in the room to ensure the cool or hot air reaches them, where the Purification/Humidification really makes a difference in the home or simply how they make sure their feet stay cool on those warm nights. 

This topics all about that :)

I’ll go first...

My home office, which is really a converted bedroom is pretty small, but it also faces the setting sun in the evening. Meaning it gets pretty warm. 

I’ve found if I position my Purifier in the opposite corner from where my desk is in the room, that I get all day cooling and when the sun beams through the window late afternoon, I can just increase the airflow to stay the same. 

Anyone else have any tips for dealing with the heat?

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi Stuart. 

We got our Heater fan just after Christmas and its been a great addition. We wanted a product that would both purify and which I could use as a heater on those cold mornings. 

We have it in our garden conservatory. We get a lot of cooking smells through the day which it helps with and it warms the room up very quickly. I use the app to turn the heating mode on while i’m making a hot drink, then go sit out there reading the paper.

David.

We got our Purifier in the last Black Friday sale and it was the best decision we made.

We have an open lounge/diner which catches the sun from the moment it rises through to when it sets. Scheduling has come in very useful, allowing me to set it to come on through the day and go into auto mode around the times we cook. 

Really enjoy the set and forget ability it has. 

Peter

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

A friend of mine gave me their old Purifier last year and it has mainly been in my bedroom used as a fan. I tend to move it around the house depending on the heat. 

I only recently starting to use the App and now feel like I was missing out. Controlling it from my phone and setting scheduled is great. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey -

Lovely post. It’s nice to see where others have their machines and how they use them to get the best out of them.

@D.Taylor we hadn’t thought of using ours in the kitchen to remove the smells of cooking before. We always had it in the hallway to blow the air around the main pathway in the house. Since putting it in the kitchen it has been great. 

Thanks 

What are the official recommendations for placement, if any, and what difference can good placement make?

mine is at the top, towards the ceiling. I’ve got the blueair ones for higher KPI but enjoy Dyson’s smart features. 

when cooking with those in the kitchen is it a good idea to have them on at that time? With light cooking? What about medium to heavy smogs? Burnt toaster and such? Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

What are the official recommendations for placement, if any, and what difference can good placement make?

mine is at the top, towards the ceiling. I’ve got the blueair ones for higher KPI but enjoy Dyson’s smart features. 

when cooking with those in the kitchen is it a good idea to have them on at that time? With light cooking? What about medium to heavy smogs? Burnt toaster and such? Thanks. 

Hi @andreiru: The only recommendation is that you make sure there is a few feet of clearance on all sides, this is so that the air can circulate effectively. This is covered in the ‘Is there a best place for your Purifier?’ article.

Dyson Purifiers don’t just help with the particles and pollutants, but the odours as well. The App provides you with an accurate reading of your outdoor and indoor air quality. Swiping up or down on the home screen will show these respectively. Read ‘Viewing your machine's air quality graphs’ to get a better understanding of what reading are showing in your home. 

If your struggling with what fan speed or setting to put your machine in to tackle the likes of cooking and odours, try placing your machine in Auto mode. The onboard sensors automatically detect changes to the indoor air quality and purifying only when it's needed. Increasing the fan speed should it require. 

Thanks.

Stuart

Userlevel 1

Hi Stuart

Firstly, a great thread.

I live in a modern 2 bedroom flat in the centre of a medium size UK city. Each room originally had ghastly electric panel heaters which were very poor at heating a room -  dry uneven heating and took up space on the wall. I have taken the, off the walls and installed a Dyson Link Hot & Cool in a corner of each room - far more effective at heating the space in winter and keeping cool in the summer, plus of course the added benefit of cleaner air.

As for tips:

I have a reminder on my phone to clean each Dyson every month, removing and carefully hoovering the filter - it is shocking how much it collects but then one of them is on continuously for the whole day whilst I work from home during the pandemic.

I nearly always use the App to control each machine - it has been nice to see how it has evolved over the years to become what it is now - very slick.

I have not quite master the voice control yet as the Dyson is plugged into a smart wall socket which I also named Dyson - until I figured out what was happening, Siri would switch off the wall socket instead of just turning off the machine.
That said, I would prefer an Apple Watch Dyson app - hint :-) 

This may sound surprising but I use the Dyson in the lounge on oscillatory - cool mode only - to speed up drying clothes on an airier about 2m away - drys them in no time at all and uses very little electricity. 

Cheers

Adam

Userlevel 2

Hi Stuart! I’m using my HP04 in my Bedroom/Office and I can always tell the difference in the air when walking in and out of the room. I’ve been truly impressed with it. It’s not a shock to me though, all my Dyson’s are out of this world and just work.  

Userlevel 5

Hi Stuart. Everyone! I have the autoreact HP7A. I have it in my bedroom, using auto setting at night. Putting the temperate to 70°F. Nice replacement for my regular fan and separate heater. Disappointed it doesn’t connect to the App, but I guess this is reflected in the price.