Using the Dyson V7 Cordless Overseas. Is it possible? | Dyson Community
Solved

Using the Dyson V7 Cordless Overseas. Is it possible?

• 16 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I am planning to buy the Dyson v7 vaccum cleaner and take it to India. 2 questions:

1. Can I take it in my check-in luggage?
  2. Do I have to buy a battery or a charger in India?

Thanks,

Swarna

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 16 October 2023, 17:59

View original

2 replies

Hi @sammukilan,

You’ll find the answer here: Can I use my Cordless vacuum cleaner abroad/overseas? | Dyson Community.

In short, we’d always recommend purchasing the Dyson in the country you plan to use it in. However, if you’re unable to do so, to use it overseas you’ll need to purchase charger locally. 

“Purchasing a charger locally will enable you to safely charge your machine without running any risk of over- or under-charging your unit. It will conform to local electrical voltage and be compatible with the local plug design.”

In terms of traveling with it on an airline, each airline have their own rules and regulation when traveling. We therefore cannot provide an answer to how you can package the vacuum for use. Please speak directly to the airline before traveling. 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Yes, you can use the Dyson V7 overseas. I’ve purchased nearly all the models through Amazon and use it here in the Philippines without any issues. If you’re concerned about the voltage, you could use a 120-volt voltage regulator for Dyson’s purchased in North America. The best option is purchasing a Dyson locally for the warranty.