Dissatisfaction with the Lack of Compatibility of the Submarine Head on Dyson V15 Detect | Dyson Community
Solved

Dissatisfaction with the Lack of Compatibility of the Submarine Head on Dyson V15 Detect

• 13 June 2024
  • 4 replies

I am writing to express my profound disappointment regarding my recent purchase of the Dyson V15 Detect. As a long-standing customer who values the innovative technology Dyson is known for, I had high expectations for this product. Unfortunately, I am left with a sense of letdown due to specific limitations I have encountered.

My primary concern centers around the compatibility of the Submarine mop attachment. When purchasing the V15 Detect, I was under the impression that it would be compatible with the wide range of attachments that Dyson offers in future, including the Submarine mop attachment. This was one of the key reasons for my choice, as the mopping function now avilable is crucial for my home's cleaning needs. To discover post-purchase that this attachment is not compatible after a very short while of release with the V15 Detect is not only frustrating but also misleading.

I chose Dyson for its reputation in delivering top-tier, versatile, and user-friendly products. This experience, however, has not only caused inconvenience but also makes me question the clarity and transparency of product information provided to customers. I hope Dyson acknowledges this issue and takes steps to improve communication regarding product features and compatibility. I also suggest that Dyson take my complaint seriously and provide a solution to my case. 

I would appreciate it if you could provide a solution to this issue. Whether it be an exchange for a model that meets my needs or another form of compensation, I trust that Dyson values its customers' satisfaction and will address this matter promptly.

Its a pity Dyson no more supports the email askdyson@dyson.ie for customer complaints like these

icon

Best answer by Jack 13 June 2024, 17:40

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @ats0stv,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for taking the time to share this feedback with us!

The Dyson Submarine™ wet roller head is not compatible with any of our other vacuums, including pre-purchased V12 or V15 vacuums. To intelligently switch between wet and dry cleaning, the new Dyson V12s Detect Slim Submarine™ and V15s Detect Submarine™ variants have been reprogrammed, with new software which recognises that the Submarine head has been attached, and automatically switches to wet cleaning mode.

Machines manufactured previously don’t include this software, and therefore aren’t compatible. We’re always happy to be transparent about this - it’s included within the Dyson Submarine FAQs - and unfortunately there’s nothing we can do to change the software which is on your current machine.

If you’d like to discuss this further, you would need to speak directly with the Dyson Ireland Customer Care team - you can reach them via Live Chat on Dyson.ie, or by calling 01-475-7109. They’re best placed to advise you of your options here.

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your prompt response and for clarifying the situation regarding the compatibility of the Dyson Submarine™ wet roller head.

However, I must express my continued disappointment and concern. One of the significant factors that have consistently driven my loyalty to Dyson is the compatibility of accessories across multiple generations of products. This aspect has provided confidence that an investment in Dyson products will remain valuable and versatile for a long time, accommodating the latest features and attachments.

The bodies of the V15 Detect and V15s Detect Submarine appear identical, suggesting that the primary difference lies in the software. Given this, it seems feasible that Dyson could roll out a software update to existing V15 Detect units to enable compatibility with the Submarine head. Alternatively, initiating a buy-back or upgrade program for loyal customers would be a fair and considerate approach.

Not offering a solution to enable existing customers to benefit from the new attachment feels like an oversight and leaves us feeling cornered unfairly. I strongly urge Dyson to consider these suggestions seriously, as it would reinforce the brand’s commitment to customer satisfaction and long-term product value.

I hope you can escalate this feedback to the relevant teams and consider a more accommodating resolution.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best regards,
Arun

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @ats0stv,

Thanks for your further comments on this subject. I’ll be happy to pass your feedback along for you to the right people.

As I’ve mentioned, if you’d like to discuss this further you would need to speak directly with the Dyson Ireland Customer Care team - you can reach them via Live Chat on Dyson.ie, or by calling 01-475-7109.

They’re best placed to advise you of your options here - this isn’t something we can resolve for you via the Dyson Community forum.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Dysons seemingly short sightedness with software here seems to be an issue and the feeling of "make them buy a new one", along with yourself I would love to have this head work with my V15 Detect, instead of pushing customers to buy a new stick vacuum perhaps there should have been a software upgrade path for customers who are interested in having this functionality.

Imagine you want this functionality.

You arrange a pick up with Dyson that comes and get your stick vacuum.

Once they have it they update the software on the machine, and let's face it most products now have some sort of download mode, even washing machines have a serial style port on the back.

Cost it at a attractive price point £25 of which that gets taken off the price of the submarine head.

Dyson keeps a customer and make abit of profit.

Something there for them to think on, you're lucky you even got a reply from Jack if I'm being honest, I'm having an issue with software and no one in Dyson is bothered at all about sorting it, who knows maybe until people start voting with their money they'll sit up and take notice