360 Vis Nav Persistent Noise When Docked | Dyson Community
Solved

360 Vis Nav Persistent Noise When Docked

• 24 January 2024
  • 4 replies

My recently bought Dyson 360 Vis Nav is making a persistent noise when docked. It’s like a cross between a clicking and a whirring. Very short but repeats about every 10 seconds for long periods. I can’t see any link between cleaning/cooling/charging. It seems to be completely random. It’s not all the time, but pretty often and for long periods at a time. It’s driving me mad and will be being returned if it’s a normal feature! 

icon

Best answer by Jack 25 January 2024, 15:42

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Johnst01

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this!

This sounds like an unusual issue - it’s normal from time to time to hear the internal fan running while the machine is taking in power via the charging dock, as cooling airflow is channeled past the processor. But we wouldn’t normally expect an intermittent clicking sound as you’ve described.

To help pinpoint the cause we'll need our Customer Care experts to take you through some further troubleshooting checks when you have your robot fully charged and easily to hand. If a repair is needed, they’ll be able to confirm if this is covered under your Dyson warranty.

Please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

We'll look forward to speaking with you!

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately I have not been able to use the digital

assistant. When I select this option on my phone or iPad I simply get a blank white screen which never changes.

I have therefore phoned the helpline which was a frustrating experience. The first person I spoke to refused to run the troubleshooting program because my husband, and not myself had purchased the Vacuum. She wasn’t able to explain to me how this breached my husband’s privacy/GDPR!

The second person I spoke to escalated the problem and said I would receive a phone call within 24-48 hours  to go through the problem in more detail. I am still awaiting this call. I am also (36 hours in) awaiting the email I was promised confirming that this call will take place.

So far I am very underwhelmed with Dyson. Not only does the machine appear to be faulty, the aftercare service (which is the reason we selected and paid so much for  a dyson product) has been disappointing. I am left with the feeling that no one at customer services actually knows how the Dyson 360Vis Nav actually works and am sceptical whether I am actually going to receive a call back. So far, I am betting on returning this item and trying a different brand. 

My Vis Nav started doing this today after 2 weeks of use. I don’t have the clicking but the internal fan has been turning on and off for the past 8 hours with it on more than it is off. It hasn’t done this before.  I was able to connect via chat and a replacement machine is being sent out. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Nwaite,

Thanks for letting us know about this. As mentioned earlier in this thread, it’s normal from time to time to hear the internal fan running while the machine is taking in power via the charging dock, as cooling airflow is channeled past the processor. The temperature of the machine, and the ambient temperature in the room could influence how often the fan runs. 

If it was running excessively, I’m glad our Customer Care team have been able to organise a replacement for you!