A01 Desk Fan filter? | Dyson Community
Solved

A01 Desk Fan filter?

• 11 October 2022
  • 4 replies

I think I know the answer, but I want to check with the community before dealing with Support. Does the A01 Desk Fan have a filter that can be cleaned? The instructions do not address it and there seems to be no way to remove it from the base.

(Edited by moderator – Tags added) 

icon

Best answer by YellowLemon 11 October 2022, 21:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi darling! 

I really don’t think they do. Our AM02 out in the stable is just a fan. We turn that thing On/Off and that’s about it. 

I’d bet my last dollar that those filters only came about with the purifiers. 

Ta 

Lemon. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi @Denalidad 

The AM series were purely Fans. They had no user accessible filter. 

Lemon’s correct that Dyson first introduced a replaceable filter in their Purifier range. This was launched in 2016. 

If your interested in other launch date, check our Wikipedia.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dyson_products

Thanks for the answers. That is what I figured, but since I could remove the base, I wondered. Come to think of it, I now wonder why I can remove the base; there are no user-accessible parts…

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks for the answers. That is what I figured, but since I could remove the base, I wondered. Come to think of it, I now wonder why I can remove the base; there are no user-accessible parts…

The whole AM(Air Multiplier) series doesn't come with a filter, just fan. I'm guessing: since the AM01 is a desk fan and doesn't need a wider base, and the following models that are the tower version needed more stability, so they added a base in. Which I'm guessing is easier to add in a removable base to the existing AM design.