Air Wrap Product Life Expectancy | Dyson Community

Air Wrap Product Life Expectancy

• 4 April 2024
  • 0 replies

Hello,

I am not usually someone to sign up to forums to express dissatisfaction. In fact I'm most likely to send emails of praise to companies.

However, I am extremely frustrated at the customer service received from Dyson. Whilst usually having a contact number for a company to speak to a human is great, on this occasion I am pleading for an email address to have my complaint logged.

I have spoken to customer support 3 times now, each time to be advised of incorrect information.

1st time I explained my issue, it felt I was listened to and the advisor seemed to care about my concern. 

However since speaking to 3 different people I now realise it’s quite scripted responses. The 1st advisor offered me money off a new purchase. And also advised he would escalate a complaint. Someone would be in touch within 24-48 hours.

He also told me I should call back with my Air wrap for troubleshoot. Although I advised I had gone through the videos and the issue was with the filter and I couldn’t see how someone would be able to help. I did what he said and called back. The lady asked me to turn on my machine, tell her the problem, she said ‘oh it’s the filter that needs cleaning but since you have done this there is nothing we can do’

At this point I asked what my options were since my Dyson is out of warranty and she said there was no option to repair as they would not be able to fix that issue. And again offered me money off a new purchase. A purchase of £450! That surely should last longer than the warranty period.

I would not purchase another one with the chance it would only last the same amount of time. 

This agent advised this product does not have a long life. If I'd have known this at purchase I would not have made the purchase. 

Again I made a further call the next day, Agent was lovely in manor as they all are. She then advised she has put my complaint as high priority. And someone would call me tomorrow. 

I have since spoken with the online chat box, and was told the reason I haven’t had a call is that they don’t have my contact number, and in fact the timescale is 3-5 days.

I am beyond shocked at the support from Dyson, I will wait one more day for contact and a resolution more than ‘discount on next product’ before taking it further. 

I appreciate the product is out of warranty but its far from satisfactory quality. I’m aware consumer rights can last longer than warranty rights. 

I would have expected better service from Dyson, and certainly didn’t expect I’d need to look into my rights in this situation!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!