Anti-tangle comb attachment won't open | Dyson V15 Detect | Dyson Community
Solved

Anti-tangle comb attachment won't open | Dyson V15 Detect

• 15 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi,

We purchased a Dyson V15 Detect a few months ago, and we really love it. Today we decided to do a deep cleaning of teh device and upon looking at videos online in order to clean the anti-tangle comb attachment you are supposed to use a coin to rotate the side so it will open. But no matter how hard I try the opening mechanism seems stuck, it won’t rotate in any direction. Is there something I am missing? The attachement is completely detached from anythign else, and I do not see any other buttons or mechanisms.

If somone has experience with this I would appreciate the insight, thank you!

icon

Best answer by Jack 20 May 2024, 15:57

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @hcodi,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

Sorry to hear about the issue you’re having opening your Dyson Motorbar cleaner head’s end cap. As you’ve mentioned, we recommend using a coin to rotate this - it may be stiff if it’s never been opened before, but applying a firm constant force should unlock it, and over time it should loosen up: 

If you continue to have difficulties with this, please get in touch directly with Dyson Customer Care in your region so they can help you further.

Visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

Thank you! I appreciate the response. I will give it another try and I will let you know how it goes.

Best!