Anyone know how to contact Dyson & get a positive result. (Solved) | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Anyone know how to contact Dyson & get a positive result. (Solved)

• 13 June 2023
  • 2 replies

First post on here so please be gentle.

After having major issues with my Dyson Animal Light Ball I was surprised and impressed Dyson replaced the whole machine with the newer Animal Ball model. This was because they didn’t have any idea when the parts I required would be in strock. My original warranty doesn’t run out until next year.

When the machine turned up, the small clip which attaches to the power cable and holds it in place didn’t work correctly. Every time I pick the machine up the cable unravels which is way more than annoying.

I initially called the main 0800 298 0298 number to (a) request a replacement clip and (b) ask about an adapter for a Home  Accessories Kit I purchased a year or so ago. I have now lost count of the number of times I have called re the clip, the last was a week or so ago when I was told someone would call me back within 24 hours. They didn’t. I have also contacted Dyson via WhatsApp which was time-consuming and laughable. Nobody replied to my initial question for a day and the message kept being restarted. Don’t go down this route, it’ll mess with your head and get you nowhere. Unless you don’t have a job and can stare at your phone 24/7 it’s completely useless. Calls don’t work either, you just waste your time and get lied to. 

Regarding the adapter, I was advised to contact Partmaster and another similar spare parts company. Their websites were vague regarding what I needed and neither have phone numbers. I eventually got replies from an email request but the answer was even vaguer. I eventually contacted Manchester Vacs who were so professional it was incredible.

So I now have the adapter, am wondering why what I thought was a great company is now incapable of dealing with a simple request and refers you onto Parts bods with no idea about what they’re doing if the question is anything other than standard. A simple request should’t be this time consuming. We all work and don’t need this unprofessional level of support. It grinds you down and winds you up.

I still can’t pick up my machine without the cable unravelling and it’s now become a running joke with friends and family as to when I’m going to smash the Bejesus out of the new machine and buy a Shark.

Please, please, please...does anybody out there know the best way to source one of these clips without wasting more time?

Many thanks.

2 replies

Hello @Theodore Mutt 

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here. We would normally urge you to contact our regular support channel, via WhatsApp, phone or email, however it sounds like we have missed the mark here and your issue remains unresolved. 

We would like to investigate this further for you, to provide you with a speedy resolution. If you are within the UK, can you please send me a DM here with your name, email and address? It would be my pleasure to look into this for you. If you are outside of the UK, let us know which region you’re in, and one of our moderators within that market can pick this up. 

Best wishes, 

Hi @Theodore Mutt,

Thank you for sending the requested information. Just as an update, we are pleased that this matter has now been resolved. The requested manual has been sent to you via DM on this platform and emailed as well.

Kindly see the filter maintenance steps here to ensure that your machine is working perfectly! 

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

Best wishes,

Jodey