Customer Service is a huge dyson-pointment | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Customer Service is a huge dyson-pointment

When I receive email from Dyson it says “Contacting us is easy!”   Yes, but getting them to do anything is hard.

I have never received what I ordered and have tried numerous times to get Customer Support to respond to me.   Nothing ever happens.

I ordered a Dyson Airwrap in Prussian Blue/Rich Copper together with a detangling comb and a brush set in Rose on November 23, 2023.  A few days later I received notification that it would arrive on December 4, 2023.   However, what actually arrived was a vacuum cleaner.   This was supposed to be a Christmas present for my teenage daughter, since she was so happy with the Dyson hair straightener that she received a few months prior for her birthday.

I’ve purchased a half dozen Dyson products in my life.  I’ve never had a reason to contact Customer Support before, so I never realized what the company was really like.  Yes, they make great products.  What they don’t do is great customer support.

As a single mom I’m a very busy person.  I eagerly believed Dyson on December 10th when I received my first “I can understand how frustrating this must be for you.” email of what would become several.

Each time Dyson emphatically tells me “We have forwarded the issue to our dedicated team, and they will give you an update on your order within 48 to 72 business hours.“   It’s not even funny anymore.  It has been five months.  FIVE MONTHS, and I’ve never heard from anyone, and they are certainly not very dedicated.

On March 24, 2024, a mere three an a half months after the problem occurred and was reported I got the mock-sincere email that told me, “ I do really apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Please do not worry, your issue has already been forwarded to the department of concern. Hopefully, your issue will be resolved soon. Once we receive the response from the concerned team, we will update you as soon as possible. Please allow us more time. “

Hopefully, your issue will be resolved soon?  I don’t think they will ever resolve this.   I don’t even think anyone will ever contact me.   In the meantime, my daughter purchased a cheap drugstore curling iron.  I told her that I would consider just ordering a second time, but that seems to be playing into the sunk cost fallacy.   Fool me twice, shame on me.

When I first heard that Dyson was making a robot vacuum cleaner, I wanted to be one of the first people to own one.  Now, sadly, I don’t have any confidence in making a purchase from Dyson, even if I still do respect the technology.  Afterall, they certainly do not respect me.  It’s inarguable almost a half of a year later with not a single response other than automated replies from Dyson.

Sadly, I’m a former Dyson fan.

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.