DC41 upright vacuum will not stand upright | Dyson Community
Question

DC41 upright vacuum will not stand upright

• 30 November 2023
  • 4 replies

My vacuum will not click into the upright standing position after it has been tilted back for use.

With the aid of two people, I can pull the back wheels down to get it to stand up, but as soon as you tilt it...it will not stand again.

I understand that some other people have had the same issue and have had it repaired, but mine is out of warranty and I don’t really want to pay much if anything, as I do have a second vacuum.

Is this something I could possibly repair myself?

Could I get it repaired cheaply?

Could I sell it?

Thank you in advance

4 replies

@charlene Thanks for your post. This is sometimes a blocked passage in the machine that you can, indeed, troubleshoot yourself.
Check out this step-by-step visual guide:

https://www.dyson.com/support/journey/troubleshooting/200730-01/visible-issue-206874/stabiliser-issue-206910/check-the-duct-and-hose-206928

Hopefully that does it. If not, you will need a repair.

Hi Adam,

Thank you for the reply. We have already checked for blockages and its all clear.

Have had a DC41 for 5 + years (unfortunately). Found that the switches and locking (sic) mechanisms for items such has holding the vacuum upright are cheap plastic components. Have to engage the power switch switch multiple times to turn on / off; keep lifting the vacuum up to lock in an upright position. And is very heavy to use with the power (sic) head attachment on stairs. Would never buy another Dyson. Decent suction, but cheaply made and overpriced. Shark and Chinese competitors make a better value product. Long term assessment - POS.

Badge +1

Have had a DC41 for 5 + years (unfortunately). Found that the switches and locking (sic) mechanisms for items such has holding the vacuum upright are cheap plastic components. Have to engage the power switch switch multiple times to turn on / off; keep lifting the vacuum up to lock in an upright position. And is very heavy to use with the power (sic) head attachment on stairs. Would never buy another Dyson. Decent suction, but cheaply made and overpriced. Shark and Chinese competitors make a better value product. Long term assessment - POS.

Dyson is good quality