DC55 Brush not rotating - Electrical Fault? | Dyson Community
Solved

DC55 Brush not rotating - Electrical Fault?

• 14 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Following the online guidance to reset the brush it advises that I need a new head but I feel the power supply to the head might be the problem, can anybody confirm the power output at the connector, cleaner running, brush switch on and body in tilt position.

Without being able to confirm this supply is sound we are being asked to pay c £60 for a new component that may not, to my understanding be the problem. 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 14 November 2023, 11:12

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

@JT_House  all parts when ordered direct have a return for refund policy based on the country you are located in. If you order the part and it does not resolve your issue you can return the part for a full refund. For checking the part, can you please remove the wand from your machine and attach the floor tool directly to the machine and see if the floor tool then spins.  If not spinning it should be replaced. 

This is the component that I am being prompted to replace!

it is attached to the front of the cleaner and has an electrical connection on the back. I am trying to establish the voltage that should be present where it mates into the machine. 

Unsure what items you are suggesting but if it connects to the end of the hose it clearly is not electrically powered! 

Extremely disappointed that we cannot get answers to simple questions that would enable much more effective fault diagnosis. 

This is a community knowledge base there must be somebody who knows this information!

It is counter intuitive and extremely wasteful to just change an expensive component with the associated waste in packaging, delivery, time and effort without first confirming that the reason it isn’t working is because the power supply is interrupted.

Almost the same as putting the whole device in the bin because the fuse has gone!

But I feel that I am talking to the wall anyway.