DC7, DC11, DC14 replacement filters | Dyson Community
Solved

DC7, DC11, DC14 replacement filters

• 17 April 2024
  • 2 replies

I have a Dyson DC 11. it needs a replacement filter.

Actually have three Dyson vacuum cleaners and all of them are no longer supported. But I paid for all of them, and all of them work. But I can’t seem to get a filter, which seems like it would be the simplest part to obtain.

Since Dyson doesn’t support these anymore, what am I going to do about filters? is there some third-party vendor that I can get something comparable from?

I absolutely hate the fact that I paid so much money for these machines and now they’re all rendered useless for a lack of a simple replacement part.

icon

Best answer by Jack 17 April 2024, 10:59

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Abandoned User,

Thanks for your question - we’re sorry you feel this way. DC11 was originally launched back in 2003. We continued to support our older machines with spare parts and repair options far beyond their original 2- or 5-year warranties. However we’ve now discontinued support for some historical machines, to focus on our more recent technology.

We’re not able to recommend specific alternative retailers but as you’ve mentioned, there may be third party vendors online who continue to offer spare parts for these models.

I’m sorry if this isn’t the information you were hoping for here.

A lot went into the design of these machines; they were literally a  groundbreaking technology when they were released. The first Dysons belong in a modern museum of design, they changed the game. I’m sure that many users are like myself - the have a reliable piece of vintage gear, and the have an investment it keeping it going. And they were not cheap - we paid for quality.

What a stupid death of an appliance.

Functionally, it’s a masterpiece, a marvel of engineering, but it’s rendered useless by a replaceable part.

I’m looking for a workaround. Perhaps I can find an appropriate HEPA filter material and cut my own to fit -after all, it is merely a rectangle.

But I wish Dyson offered some guidance in regards to the vintage machines. There is, afterall, a reason we have 3 of them.