debris going straight to motor | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

debris going straight to motor

• 20 May 2024
  • 2 replies

I bought my 1st dyson this month. Is it normal for debris to suck straight up to motor instead of just accumulating in dust bin?

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @Kimber,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

The exact way the bin fills will depend on how the machine is used, the surfaces you’re cleaning, and the types of debris you’re picking up. But we wouldn’t normally expect debris to stick straight to the perforated metal shroud in the centre of the bin, if this is the part you’re describing. This suggests your machine could be blocked, or in need of a filter wash. 

For support, you'll need to talk directly to our Dyson Customer Care experts in your region. Please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

We'll look forward to speaking with you!

I will reach out to them. I bought it brand new and used it like 4 times. It's been doing it since 2nd use. Can't imagine anything can be block this soon given the design.