don't love the supersonic diffuser :( | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

I am a hairstylist and I just recently started my curly hair journey. I love my Dyson supersonic both for myself and my clients... except the diffuser. my main issue is that it simply isn't deep enough! I have long hair and I can only fit the ends in the diffuser and then the mids fall out and dry weird. I have a loose curl pattern and I'm still in the process of training the curls, so they don't coil up easily. I REALLYYYYY wish Dyson had a bigger, deeper diffuser attachment for the supersonic. I love how gently and evenly it diffuses the airflow, I just don't love the design.

the other problem I have with it is the metal plate gets so hot! even on low heat, I struggle when diffusing my roots because it gets so hot. I think it may in part be due to the shallowness of the diffuser, so the heating element is very close to my scalp. yet another reason why I wish they had a deeper version. not sure if that heat problem would be fixed with a deeper diffuser or if it's an issue with the design itself.

is anyone else experiencing these issues??

Hi @deirdrelizabeth,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on the Diffuser for the Dyson Supersonic™️ hair dryer!

I’ll be happy to make sure this is passed along for you to the right people.

Hi

i have the same problem. My husband got me a supersonic as a gift. I love it but The diffuser is not deep enough for my thick long curly hair. I'm sorry to say this but It make my hair looks like my hair just have a seizure. 
I would love to continue using Dyson.
Can you please recommend me on where can I get a bigger and deeper diffuser for my supersonic? 
Thank you