Dyson 360 Vis Nav - Intermittent issues | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

My Dyson 360 Vis Nav with the latest firmware (RB03PR.01.07.012.3299), is showing some intermittent but extremely annoying issues.  These are:

1. It will not start scheduled clean (Wi-Fi connectivity issue?)
  2. Cannot find the dock (Sensors are regularly cleaned to no avail) - I sometimes find it with a flat battery outside zones it wasn't meant to clean that day - ran flat finding the dock.  The dock is located against one wall in the open area of the family room.  Plenty of space around it and plenty of artificial and natural lighting.
  3. It will clean outside the selected zone (Is this a mapping issue?  Do I need to do a remap?)
  4. MyDyson App won't connect to the machine (becoming more frequent).  Taking several attempts to close and start the app before connecting. I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Again, these issues happen intermittently, with no changes to the environment (ie. Furnitures nor dock not moved, lighting unchanged etc).  But the days when none of these issues happen are getting much less.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues?  How did you address them? 

Does the 360 Vis Nav and/or the MyDyson app need a new firmware update?  Or is there an issue with the replacement Dyson 360 Vis Nav I now have?  Please advise.

NOTE:  This is my second Dyson 360 Vis Nav - this one is under a month old (received mid-Nov 2023).  My first Dyson 360 Vis Nav, after just a little over a month (purchased beginning of Sep 2023), it developed a critical error o11.7.1].  The Dyson technician who diagnosed it over the phone, advised this is due to a loose wiring inside the unit.  So, Dyson replaced it under warranty.

Hi @Hammer,

Thanks for letting us know about the issues you’re having with your machine. In the first instance, we’d recommend restoring your machine to factory settings, then checking your machine is running on the latest software version.

Once these have been completed, a remap should also help.

If you continue to have difficulties after this point, the next step would be to continue your conversation with Dyson Customer Care in your region. They’ll be best placed to help with more detailed troubleshooting checks - and if a further repair or replacement is needed, they’ll be able to support in arranging this.  

My 360 Vis Nav will not start from the app on my phone when in sleep mode. Is there a way to circumvent this?

I have the same issues with the new update. I spent about 3 hours total time troubleshooting to no avail. I even attempted to go back to the old firmware but it doesn’t let you go backwards. My Dyson will drop its connection when it goes to sleep and will not wake up until I restart the machine. Then all is good until it goes to sleep again. Totally defeats the purpose of it. I went and exchanged the machine and stopped it from updating to the new firmware and has been good so far but I’m only on day 1. Dyson needs to fix this in the firmware from what I can see.