Dyson Airwrap from Japan to India | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Airwrap from Japan to India

• 4 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi All,

I have been using Dyson airwrap brought in Tokyo, Japan and Now I have moved to India, want to know which step down transformer to buy for use in India.

Any other suggestions on how to use Dyson Airwrap bought in Japan in India.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Jack 14 February 2024, 13:40

View original

4 replies

You can use step-down transformer from any of these four Brands in India.

• V-Guard
  • Microtek
  • Digi-Tech
  • Amco

But make sure that the wattage power requirement of your dyson(which should be 1300W) matches with the transformers power(Watt). Because using an underpowered transformer can be dangerous and using an overpowered transformer can shorten the life of your appliance.

Have you tried this because I saw somewhere that as Dyson is using intelligent chip so step down transformer won't work

You can use step-down transformer from any of these four Brands in India.

• V-Guard
  • Microtek
  • Digi-Tech
  • Amco

But make sure that the wattage power requirement of your dyson(which should be 1300W) matches with the transformers power(Watt). Because using an underpowered transformer can be dangerous and using an overpowered transformer can shorten the life of your appliance.

Have you tried this because I saw somewhere that as Dyson is using intelligent chip so step down transformer won't work

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @pulkit,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

Dyson hair care machines are engineered to work with standard voltage and frequency in the country they’re sold in. We advise against using your machine abroad with an adaptor as we can’t guarantee damage won’t be caused to the motor and electronics, or that your machine will operate as intended.

Additionally as the adaptor hasn’t been manufactured or tested by Dyson, we’re not in a position to offer any assurances around its safety, quality or functionality. For this reason, we have to advise that any damage caused to your machine as a result of using an adaptor may not be covered under your Dyson guarantee - so any repair or replacement parts needed in future could be chargeable.

I hope this information is useful.