Dyson Animal Ball 2 is incompatible with my flooring | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Animal Ball 2 is incompatible with my flooring

• 24 February 2024
  • 2 replies

I have tried every avenue to get assistance with my Dyson animal ball 2. The vacuum does NOT push or pull on my floor to the point that I can't use it. I have chatted, sent emails, and called customer support and can't get anyone to help me. This is a known issue in the Dyson community and on line. Apparently this is caused by an air flow issue. I am frustrated at the cost of an appliance that does not work.  Thoughts?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 24 February 2024, 17:46

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Hi @Tori 

I am sorry to hear of the troubles that you are having. I am happy to elaborate on your issues a little further.

If you are vacuuming an area rug or a carpet that is thick or long pile, it is likely that the vacuum is creating an airtight seal between the bottom of the carpet/rug. When this happens, the brush bar is being driven into the carpet to the point that it stops spinning, and blocks the air flow. So the carpet itself is the “obstruction”. It can also be very hard to push. It is not the machine that is defective, but rather an incompatibility between the machine and the carpet.

I would suggest the flat out tool, which will not have a spinning brush bar so it does not cause the issue you are having.

I hope this helps.

Hi and thank you for your reply.  Is the flat-out tool something that Dyson will provide to rectify the problem?  I have not encountered a situation where the appliance is not working as expected, especially when there was no guidance on what types of carpet the vacuum would work on.

Thanks

Tori