Dyson Ball Animal Multifloor Corded Upright Vacuum Cleaner - brush bar won't spin | Dyson Community
Question

Dyson Ball Animal Multifloor Corded Upright Vacuum Cleaner - brush bar won't spin

• 22 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi, hope someone can help. The brush bar on my vacuum has stopped spinning when it's in contact with the floor, if I loft the vacuum up off the floor, it spins like it should normally, so I know it's not the grey switch and it's not turned off. I've taken the brush out and cleared out any fluff/hair that was in there, I've check the metal connectors and there is nothing in those. I've watched a bunch of you tube videos but none seem to have the same head as this. I'm stumped. Thanks for any help. 

5 replies

@Loveagoodvacuum Thanks for your post. This is either a blockage, and issue with the motorized head, or an incompatible surface that you’re trying to  vacuum.

It's true that some carpets (especially higher-pile) carpets may be incompatible with a Dyson upright like the Ball Animal 2. The reason, the suction is so strong, and the head will create an airtight seal that stops airflow, etc. For that reason, we always recommend deferring to the carpet manufacture as some will advise incompatibility with a high-power suction device like a Dyson upright. You'll know this is the case if the machine functions as normal on hard floor or lower-pile carpet.

Also, try this troubleshooting guide to determine if it may be a blockage in the machine somewhere causing this:

https://www.dyson.com/support/journey/troubleshooting/246818-01/visible-issue-207569/the-brush-bar-is-not-spinning-on-the-floor-tool-315688

Good luck!

Hi Adam, thanks for your reply. I've already done that video to try and solve this, I've had the vacuum a few months and it's worked fine up till now so I don't think it could be the carpet, it's even doing it on the kitchen lino, doesn't matter what setting I change the head to either, if the bristles touch the floor it won't spin at all, only spins when not in contact with the floor. 

@Adam.Steinberg

Do you know if there is anythign else I can try? It improved for a few days if I moved very slowly, but now it doesn't even turn properly when not touching the floor.

https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/journey/spare-details.972226-01

This is the brush head for my vacuum. 

I have also removed the brush and turned it on and the bit the brush connects to is spinning fine. So I'm guessing it's not a mptor/connection issue? Something on/in the actually brush part has gone wrong? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Loveagoodvacuum,

Our apologies for the delay in following up here. If you haven’t been able to resolve the issue with the troubleshooting checks recommended, you’ll need to talk directly to our Dyson Customer Care experts in your region. If a repair or a replacement part is needed, they’ll be able to confirm if this is covered under your free 5-year Dyson guarantee.

Please visit Dyson.co.uk and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

We'll look forward to speaking with you!