Dyson Customer Support Review | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Dyson Customer Support Review

• 11 July 2024
  • 2 replies

So what? Dyson has the worst customer support of all time?

We bought at $500 hairdryer, and are in a four hour rabbit hole trying to replace it, despite active warranty and proof of purchase. It’s almost as if the system is designed to make warranty claims impossible.

1. They do not print the serial numbers directly on the products, in spite of the products costing upwards of $500. 
  2. They do this presumably so they can make your warranty request very difficult if you cut off the serial number tag or lose the box, which is easy to do. I cut off the tag because it’s ugly, and who keeps old cardboard boxes?
  3. I have $10,000 of music equipment, all with serial numbers printed directly on the products, so it’s weird they don’t do it. I see making processing warranty claims difficult as the only possible explanation
  4. I have spent 4 hours total calling different reps, submitting emails to an escalated “review team” receiving no responses, and am on another 45 minute phone call to follow up

This is unacceptable, and ridiculous, especially for a “luxury” brand. Luxury brand companies should not design systems that are intentionally difficult. They are supposed to make things easy for the customer. I will never buy another Dyson product again, and will go with off-brand instead.

Who has had a similar experience?

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

2 replies

The worst. My order never arrived, and they won’t give me a refund, and I’ve been trying over 2 months to get my money back. 

Last time I checked, taking someone’s money and not giving them anything in return is called at best fraud, at worst theft. 

I am also having an awful experience with customer service. 

I am supposed to be getting a replacement, but communications are terrible, no answers to emails and the support phone number person was so confused he hung up.

I think I should be getting a refund as the poor service has me concerned.