Dyson gen5 cyclone seal issue | Dyson Community
Question

Dyson gen5 cyclone seal issue

• 26 March 2024
  • 3 replies

I recently sent my vacuum in for repair through the troubleshooting and chat process in the website. 

my vacuum is leaking suction through the cyclones. 
I’ve sent it in for repair like they suggested, however I received it back in a worse condition. They didn’t fix the seal as it was a “cosmetic defect” and my vacuum was covered in dust and dirt. I also recognised a lot of scratches on the machine and display. 

am I in the wrong for assuming the seal is important and should be replaced as an expensive vacuum should have a completely sealed system or is it just a cosmetic problem?

3 replies

Hi there. Yes it is important, this has just happened to me. A replacement was sent and still had the same problem. I think Dyson is aware of the problem, as they have asked me to send back (they are paying for return) and said they will send me a brand new replacement. I think it’s an oversight and must be costing them a fortune. Poor quality for such an expensive product. I expected better quality from them. I have to give credit to their customer service though. I’m definitely not a happy camper, let’s see how the replacement goes. I really don’t want to call them again. All the best with yours. I would definitely ask for a replacement. It’s an expensive bit of kit.

@cpol 

I’ve contacted Dyson again regarding the repair and they also said it was quite important and that it shouldn’t be like that. 

They’ve offered to send me a whole body replacement, which seems very unnecessary just for a seal that has come off. Clearly is a terrible design issue and it’s a shame considering my older Dyson vacuums didn’t have this issue.

Hopefully the new replacement lasts longer. Hope the new replacement lasts for you too! 

Thanks mate. Same to you. Yes, such a shame. My last Dyson lasted 15 years. I thought back then it was too much to pay for, geez was I wrong. It was the best purchase for money I’ve ever made. Just a shame my new one didn’t last a month. Just take the replacement, mate. You don’t play cricket for Australia.😂👍  All the best.😇