Dyson is not the Best. Do not buy!!! | Dyson Community

Dyson is not the Best. Do not buy!!!

• 4 May 2023
  • 4 replies

This Dyson was purchased for my daughter who is a hairstylist and was told Dyson was the best. She maintained the dryer every week and it worked until 1 month after the 2 year warranty was done. The filters were cleaned every week. 

Well Dyson is NOT the best.  We wanted to get it repaired and before doing so we used the online troubleshooter and have spoken to a customer service representative who basically said that if the dryer is over the warranty period, Dyson will do nothing to repair it. I was also told that my local Dyson Repair center will not repair it because they only fix vacuums. So sad that a $500 hair dryer only has a 2 year warranty. The warranty should be for the life of the product. The customer service representative was awful. I was pleading for some kind of assistance and was told “over two years, you're out of luck!”

One would think that a $500 dryer would exceed expectations. The $99 Babyliss that replaced it has been working like a charm for 3 years. 

Just venting because there is no recourse for this $500 paperweight that I now have to look at and cry over lost money. Caveat Emptor is all I have to say!  And no Dyson will not be getting any wonderful product reviews.

Dyson Community Moderator 11 months ago

Hey there!

Thanks for letting us know about this. We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologize for the experience your daughter has had so far. I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you.

If she has already been in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage her to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. These issues aren't usually something the Dyson Community team can directly help you with.

Best wishes,

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey there!

Thanks for letting us know about this. We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologize for the experience your daughter has had so far. I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you.

If she has already been in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage her to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. These issues aren't usually something the Dyson Community team can directly help you with.

Best wishes,

The customer service rep would not continue the conversation and offered no alternative for having the dryer repaired. We were told that if we wanted to file a complaint with Dyson that we should go thru the website, but there is no link in which to do this. If you can provide us with the proper department in which to address this, that would be great. We are aware that the warranty expired but for there to be no recourse to fix it is unbelievable.  It appears that Dyson made a $500 disposable dryer. We just do not have that kind of money every two years. When the dryer was working, it provided the best blow outs and stying. This was why we made the investment. I say we because I, as her mom, helped her to buy this piece of salon professional equipment as she started her career.  What was thought to be an investment turned out to be a major disappointment. And she had just gotten it right as salons were reopening after the Covid Pandemic. Dyson should be ashamed of themselves. As I looked through the community, there are so many cases that are the same as this one. 

@dchope65 - Their complaints procedure is in their terms and conditions on the website. Click on the option in the footer. This was the reply left by the CM on another post: 

1. Dyson provide a two-year guarantee against their Hair care category. This guarantee covers the repair or where necessary the replacement of, as well as ongoing support of the machine. These are of course stipulations within and certain terms that need to be met before an action is carried out. A full list of these terms can be viewed on the local Dyson website. Simply click on the Dyson link and search for ‘The Dyson guarantee’. An example can be seen on the UK website here - The Dyson guarantee.
  2. In the instance that a machine cannot be repaired, either within or outside of the guarantee, our customer service experts are ideally suited to discuss the options available to you and look to arriving at a resolution.

I’ve read that in certain situations they can’t repair the machines. they offer a substantial discount against purchasing another/replacement. Maybe you should call them back up and ask about this? 

I agree. My airwrap worked for 1 ½ uses and I’d had it about 10 hours before it stopped working entirely - not enough time for the failure to be my fault due to neglect of filter cleaning etc. What I was told by the rep when I called the next day is irrelevant since I was informed today that the many reps I spoke with had all given incorrect info about the exchange profess and what to expect. After being told I would receive emails that never came and call backs that never happened, and after being told it would be another 3 to 8 business days after they received the lemon I returned to them before a replacement would be sent out, and that my purchase and warranty date would not be reset despite the quick failure of their expensive machine through no fault of my own and their lengthy exchange process during which time i cannot use the machine as they are able to use my money… I told them i want my money back instead. I no longer trust the product nor do I trust the customer service, and given the many similar and worse horror stories I’ve seen subsequently, o deeply regret my purchase, and I will never make the dyson mistake again. I will also make sure every person with whom I’ve ever been acquainted knows how dyson conducts business. I also refused to get off the phone based on another promise of another email with the details of my refund until that email was in my inbox. Watch your six, y’all, bc dyson ain’t got your back. Check out their fb page and the threats of lawsuits due to unreturned funds. Shady. Sketchy. Suspect. Untenable longterm.