Dyson Korean Service Centres Feedback | Dyson Community

Dyson Korean Service Centres Feedback

• 24 March 2023
  • 2 replies

I live in Seoul, South Korea. I have used the Dyson service centers here for repairs but it has been terrible. The service centers have been outsourced so they are not operated, or managed by Dyson. There is a Dyson phone center which connects you to the outsourced service centers. However, other than transferring your call, Dyson is unable to help you in any other way.  Dyson is unable to answer questions about the repair service, or even the service centers themselves.

I have been to the outsourced service centers and it has been a terrible experience. The service is extremely poor, they have been dishonest about quotes, they will not give you a date by which you can expect repairs to be done unless you push them. In my case, when I asked when the repairs would be done, the technician simply said “I don’t know”.

I’m wondering if Dyson has the same model of outsourcing service centers in other countries or is this unique to Korea? I’m looking forward to hearing about Dyson repair service in other countries because I have been shocked by the poor quality of service from the Dyson phone center and service centers in Korea.

Dyson Community Moderator 1 year ago

Hello there,

We’re sorry to hear that you’ve run into some issues with the repair service centers in South Korea. We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologize for the experience you’ve had so far. I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you.

If you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. These issues aren't usually something the Dyson Community team can directly help you with. We hope this helps!

Best wishes,

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello there,

We’re sorry to hear that you’ve run into some issues with the repair service centers in South Korea. We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologize for the experience you’ve had so far. I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you.

If you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. These issues aren't usually something the Dyson Community team can directly help you with. We hope this helps!

Best wishes,

I have been in contact with the customer service department of Dyson in Korea. They made it clear to me that they were unable to help me because the service centers are run by another company.

I spoke with the service centers. It made me very suspicious and made me lost trust in Dyson. I was told a part was broken and the repair would cost about $90USD. Then I was told it would cost $100USD. Then I was called and told it could cost up to $140USD. I complained and the service center agent claimed he never told me his original estimate.

I looked up the malfunction, based on the code that appears on the fan, and eventually spoke to the manager of a couple of the service center locations. He said he would look at the CCTV footage because they didn’t give me anything in writing about the repair or the original estimate.

Long story short, I received a call today and was told the repair was already done, 1 week after being told it would take a month, and it was free. Apparently, now the part they claimed was defective was fine. A power line became disconnected so they connected it again, or so I was told. This was probably done the last time I look my fan in for service by the same service center.

This was a very frustrating, disappointing experience. In my eyes, it makes Dyson look terrible and unworthy of my trust.

What I can share on this forum is for people to be wary of what they buy and to find as much information about a potential repair before taking to the shop. Consumers should educate themselves rather than blindly trusting what they believe to be a reputable shop. Things aren’t always as they seem.