Dyson Supersonic bought as a gift in Japan does not work with Canadian voltage (despite being told by salesperson that it would). What can I do? | Dyson Community
Question

Dyson Supersonic bought as a gift in Japan does not work with Canadian voltage (despite being told by salesperson that it would). What can I do?

• 8 March 2024
  • 0 replies

Title says it all. Was in Japan and wanted to buy a Supersonic Hairdryer for my wife as a gift. I asked the sales people (multiple) if the dryer would work with Canadian voltage, and both of them categorically said ‘Yes’ (they even pulled up a chart). 

We got home and found out it does not in fact work. Called Dyson Canada and they told me there’s nothing they can do, and to call Dyson Japan. The phone number provided on the website for Dyson Japan is not in service, and the email provided is not monitored.  

In summary, I explicitly asked if the hairdryer would work as a precondition to my decision to purchase. Was told ‘Yes’ by multiple Dyson representatives.  It turned out to be a lie, and Dyson is washing their hands of it.  So my wife is left with a $500 paperweight as a Christmas gift.  

If this is how Dyson stands by their products and treats their paying customers, I imagine they’ll understand when I never buy anything from them ever again.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!