Dyson V12 defect! | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Question

Dyson V12 defect!

Right after i started using my Dyson v12 detect slim (purchased on April 2024) it started saying the filter needed cleaning literally after every use. Whenever i start using it, after 5 to 10 minutes, the message filter needs cleaning appears. I cleaned the filter as instructed over and over and still got the same message. The filter message has been doing that for a while, I replace with a clean filter, and the message stays coming up, then randomly after a few uses goes off again.  Doing this on boost, eco and normal mode.

I contacted Dyson customer support SA team who instigated videos and photos, they asked me to remove the filter, this is the filter I had changed to a clean one about an hour before and had subsequently only hoovered up a couple of areas, nothing heavy at all and the filter was according to them filthy and needed cleaning. I don’t understand how the filter was like it was, given it was clean on an hour before and I’d done minimal hoovering since. It’s a fine grey dust.

This is not my 1st Dyson, so i’m aware of a good Dyson vacuum and how it works. However, the customer support didn’t take it seriously when I said that the vacuum has an issue, and they insisted it’s working properly!  The filter recommended cleaning gaps are not every time you’ve used the hoover, I’ve checked. I have cleaned any area I can get to, and there wasn’t any blockages I could find, yet it is now unusable.

The machine is still under warranty and i don’t know who else to contact or who can help me now.

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.