Dyson V12 filter needs cleaning after every use, even if with new original filter | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Dyson V12 filter needs cleaning after every use, even if with new original filter

• 30 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello. DysonV12 sends message filter needs cleaning after every use for the last weeks. I have it for 1,5 years and this issue started few weeks ago. Today i replaced filter with new original one and i get same message. Does anyone know how to solve this and what is the issue?

I keep the vacuum clean, it has no blockages, i cleaned it in the past every time i got this message.

i saw other people had same issue but could not find a clarification. I tried also with digital assistant as suggested in a message but could not get answer

Thank you

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @LiliO,

Welcome to the Dyson Community! 

This sounds like an unusual issue - as long as the filter is clean and your machine is free of blockages in the floor tool, wand or bin inlet, you shouldn’t be receiving this alert:

To help pinpoint the cause we'll need our Customer Care experts to take you through some further troubleshooting checks when you have your Dyson V12 Detect Slim™ vacuum fully charged and easily to hand. If a replacement part or a repair is needed, they’ll be able to discuss your options with you.

Please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team. 

We'll look forward to speaking with you!