Dyson will keep losing customers with their horrible customer service | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Dyson will keep losing customers with their horrible customer service

• 31 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Is this normal or am i having bad luck?

Recently wanted to upgrade my dyson vaccum and ended up buying a new one last month. Realized I had provided the wrong delivery address from my last residence and immediatly contacted dyson to cancel the order (Literally 5 minutes after getting the confirmation for the order). Agent told me that this could be done but it was hard and that they needed to submit some paperwork and communicate with the warehouse so they would not deliver it.

This started a series of calls, some lasting more than an hour, over the period of a month and a half. Overall must have spent around 7-8 hours speaking with dyson support agents to accomplish absolutley nothing.

Below a little glimpse of the journey:

Agent 1 - Contacted this agent 5-10 minutes after i submitted the order. Told me she would cancel my order, never did and the item shipped and ended up being delivered to the wrong address.

Agent 2 - Told me that I would recieve a refund and that I should not worry. Feeling positive I ended up purchasing the same machine with the right delivery with the help of the agent (Looking back the agent was probably just trying to accomplish a sale and would say anything to do so).

Agent 3 - Told me that I need to wait and that this was being escalated to managers. That they would get back to me in 24-48 hours. Never recieved a call from anyone.

Agent 4 - Told me that she did not understand why this had not been cancelled in the first place (all my transcripts and records showed the agents had time to solve this the first time i called) and that all previous agents had missed contacting the delivery company and asking them to investigate why the item was delivered and how to get it back. Told me to wait 7 -10 business days for a respones. No response was recieved.

Agent 5 - Told me ONCE AGAIN, the case was being dealt with by "higher ups" and that he could do no other thing for me, that I had to wait. That I would be contacted in 24-48 hours..…

Last call was my breaking point and I went directly to my credit card company since it seems dyson doesnt want to resolve this. I hope this works...

As a customer that owns various dyson products and has recommended the product to friends and family I feel like a fool and confused that I have to go through this much trouble for something so simple. I think its time i take my business elsewhere and I hope this never happens to anyone out there. Dyson seems not willing to fix their customer support issues and will end up paying for it when customers leave for their competitors.

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

5 replies

This sounds exactly like my experience. I shipped my humidifier for repair in February 2024. When Dyson finished the repair, they shipped it to the incorrect address. I contacted Dyson, provided them all the the shipping # and information. I was told I’d hear back on 10 business days. After about 3 weeks, I started a chat with Dyson, asked for an update. The chat rep asked me for all the same information I provided and was told I’d be contacted 10 business day. After a few weeks, started a chat with Dyson, was asked AGAIN for all the information and was told AGAIN I’d be contacted in 10 business days. After a few weeks, I tried to call hoping this method would have different results. The SAME THING HAPPENED. I asked why this keeps happening and was told the details like tracking and reference numbers were missing from the previous case so they had to make a new one. Ok fine. Called in a few weeks later and when I was asked for the shipping #, I was told “it wasn’t in the notes so we have to make a NEW case”. So they opened another one on 5/23/2024. I called into today 6/17/2024 and was asked for the details. I asked why and they said the prior case didn’t have it. I have no idea how to resolve this 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @peterparker,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this - I’m sorry to hear about your experience so far.

I’ve reached out directly to request some further details. I’ll look forward to hearing from you.

@Jack , I provided all the information you requested and no one ever called back to resolve.

I see you respond to every message but please do guarantee a resolution if you are planning to reply to the people in this community that seem very anguished by the problems they are facing with Dyson.

The service we are all getting is ridiculous taking into account what we are paying for these products. Dyson has to do better or consumers will go somewhere else. 

@Jack I provided you with my information as well and also was not contacted by the US Escalation Team. On 6/17/24, I was told I would be I would be contacted in 48-72 hour. When I asked for an using the chat today (6/29/24), I was provided a NEW reference number and told I would be contacted in 7-10 business days. 

Dyson needs to take responsibility for shipping my machine to the incorrect address. Pease advise how this can be achieved because customer service has been unsuccessful and unreliable. 

@Jack I contacted Customer Service again asking for the status update.  I was provided another NEW reference number and told I would be contacted with in 7-10 days. This is the response I have received from Customer Service more than 5 times. Please advise how to successfully obtain a replacement for the humidifier Dyson shipped to the incorrect address.  Thank you.