Faulty Purifier Hot+Cold Formaldehyde | Dyson Community
Solved

Faulty Purifier Hot+Cold Formaldehyde

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

A bit concerning that after only 4-months my £600 Purifier Hot+Cold Formaldehyde has developed a fault. After powering up as usual it stops working within a couple of minutes and shows an exclamation mark ‘!’ in a warning triangle. Dyson WhatsApp supports was pathetic and took dialogue over 2-days to arrange a return. Anyone else had this problem with their machine?

(Edited by moderator – Tags added) 

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 8 June 2022, 15:50

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I’ve found the WhatsApp response time to be extremely slow. Sometimes not hearing back for a few hours, all the way through to overnight.

As a result, any problem I’ve had/now have I turn the power off at the wall and back on again. If that doesn’t solve it, I call up and get someone to sort it out straightaway. 

1 exchange down. Hoping I don’t have another.. 

Hey

Nope. Nothing wrong here. No WhatsApp issues or a necessity for a replacement. Hopefully I won’t encounter one. 

I remember seeing a question that covered the LCD alerts. It might help for next time? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @David.Roberts,

We’re sorry to learn you’ve encountered an issue with the display on your Purifier Hot+Cold Formaldehyde. It’s a bit disheartening to hear that your response time while using WhatsApp for support was slow.

For assistance with each of these alerts, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, select your machine from the list, click on the ‘Troubleshooting’ option and then select ‘Display showing an alert’.

The ‘Display showing an alert’ screen provides an overview of all these different alert types, their image and description, along with an in-depth step by step process to rectify the alert.

If you are still experiencing issues, we would encourage you to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

We hope this helps!

Thank you for your reply, Kelly.

My machine has now been returned and is working fine. Are you saying that I could have troubleshooted this issue myself without returning it to Dyson?

David.