Formaldahyde Shutting off | Dyson Community
Solved

Formaldahyde Shutting off

• 7 November 2021
  • 6 replies

My purifier cool formaldehyde fan the last week has started turning off during the night while I am sleeping.  There are no timers on and all schedules are deleted. Was there an update?  or something I need to do to keep this machine from turning off? This is very annoying causing me to wake and turn it back on.  My hot + cool machine is working fine. 

icon

Best answer by CCF 10 November 2021, 15:48

View original

6 replies

Hello,  

That would be great.   Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @CCF glad to hear everything is working now. 

I’ll check in with the Technical team on my side and gather some further informational about this feature. Once I have it, I will update the Using Night mode article. 

Thanks for highlighting this. 

Stuart

Hello Stuart, 

Thank you for replying.  The machine is connect to the WiFi and cloud.  The night mode I noticed now has several settings now with each click of the remote night mode setting with each dot in the attached picture showing sets to different timer hours.  I guess it’s all working fine now.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @CCF thanks for highlighting this.

Having the Timer switch on when you activate the Night mode shouldn’t be the case.

It is possible that the machine and/or the App has lost it’s connection to the Dyson Cloud. Please follow the advice on our 'Power Cycling/Restarting' your machine article. 

If you are still having an issue after following this advice, please @me or send me a Private Message. I can then begin to look into this further on my side.

Many thanks, 

Stuart

Hi, the the auto mode is off.  I did notice though now when I turn on night mode it automatically is now turning on the timer.  Once I saw that on the machine screen I had to go into the app and turn off the timer.  Dyson needs to send an update for this it’s very annoying now. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

I have a stupid question, is the auto mode on? 
I only ask as my purifier turns itself off if I leave it in auto.