Frustrated with Dyson | Dyson Community
Solved

Frustrated with Dyson

• 13 November 2023
  • 6 replies

We had a Dyson V10 cordless vacuum cleaner. Started having charging problems, where it would show fully charged but wouldn’t last even 10 minutes. Also had a problem with removing the top unit from the handle. When I called Dyson customer service, they said they would have to replace with a new unit since they didn’t have the battery for V10 in stock. They sent me the UPS label and I shipped my vacuum. This happened in September, about 2 months back. Now every time I call, they say a different answer, one time they’re reviewing, one time they’re shipping, one time the unit is in the warehouse ready to be shipped, they said I should get the tracking info in 24-48 hrs. When I called a week later, they were asking me for proof of purchase. I sent my Costco receipt and now they’re back to reviewing. Yes, yes, I should’ve just gone to Costco, maybe they would have helped me. But I believed when Dyson asked me to ship my old vacuum saying they will send me a new one. We spent close to $500 on this. 

Dyson spent the last 2 months in the name of “24-48 hrs”. I feel like I’ve been lied to and cheated. Any advise on this? How should I handle? 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 15 November 2023, 15:55

View original

6 replies

Hi @Tabitha . We are sorry to hear that you have not received your replacement Dyson, as of yet. We do value your time and patience and wish to direct you to the right team towards a resolution. We do ask that you please reach out to our support team via phone, email, or by chat support for further assistance. 

Email Support- askdysonus@dyson.com

Phone support- 1-866-693-9766

Our helpline hours:
8:00am to 8:00pm CST Monday to Friday
9:00am to 6:00pm CST Saturday

Hi Summer, 

Thank you for your response. Yes, I’ve been calling Dyson support, pretty much every 2 days, because they say they’ll send email within 24-48 hrs. They’ve even said that the shipment info will be sent to me in 24-48 hrs. Every time I call its a new story. Either its asking for more info, proof of purchase or that they need to contact the warehouse, or that they need to confirm the receipt of the old vacuum. They’ve dragged this on with their lies for 2 months now. I even have recordings of every conversation. It is frustrating because I’ve been told that they would replace my machine and now they’re doing the song and dance. And another reason it is frustrating is because my husband is upset with me about trusting ‘Dyson’ and what they told me. I had no reason not to trust. Now I don’t know what to say. Hope to have this resolved. 

Userlevel 1

I am having the same issue!!! Unbelievably, unprofessional service. Feels like we have been scammed while we are dealing with a supposedly reputable company! I will never buy a product from them again. Not worth this trouble. Still waiting on the 48 hour email for a month and a half and no machine. Called every week and chatted with customer service. Same scam.

Same issue here … surprised there isn't a class action against them at this point for fraudulent business practices. 

Userlevel 1

I filed a consumer complaint with NY state department.  This has been incredible.

I will take it further if this isn't solved. 

Hopefully that would help … but its been a week since they sent me an email update saying within 24-48 business hours … it’s beyond ridiculous … after this experience, I don’t know if I can get myself to purchase another dyson product …