Frustration for parents of child with cancer | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

I'm not looking for any solution, I just wanted to vent because I'm so frustrated with dyson products and their customer service. Thank you in advance for reading this.

I bought my dyson cordless vacuum when my 21 months old son was diagnosed with Leukemia on April because we have to keep the house clean due to him being immune compromised when he gets strong chemo. I thought a vacuum with a good Hepa filter would be perfect.

But we had a little problem with a main part so I contacted the costumer service on July.  Even though, the part was out of stock, I decided to wait for the part because exchange didn't work for our situation. We have to clean the house everyday for my child so how could we send my current one and wait for the new one with indefinite timeline? Also I didn't feel right about buying a temporary vacuum after purchasing over 500$ dyson vacuum. 

It's been over 3months so far. I haven't received any email yet about the part being stock so I contacted customer service again today. They just kept saying part is out of stock still and I can exchange. But how many time I need to explain them their exchange policy doesn't work for our situation. I need to get a new vacuum first and then I can send the one I have now . They were keep saying they had to follow the policy. I understand company has to follow their policy but if I have to wait so long to get a new part... they have to come up with a better solution. I didnt mean to pay that much money for the default product, having this inconvenience and spending extra time with this hopeless costumer service especially when i already have to go through so much with my kid's treatment. 

Also we couldn't even use the dyson air purifier cool fan this summer for my kid's room because the filter was always out of stock.  

I wish I could have known their products, customer service and getting parts were so horrible. They probably think people will still buy their products no matter what they do. But I learned my lesson this time, I would never buy any dyson products from now on. The Worst company ever!

Thank you so much again for your time.

Be the first to reply!