Help Me Find the Right Vacuum | Dyson Community
SPOTLIGHTED POST

Help Me Find the Right Vacuum

• 11 July 2023
  • 7 replies
Help Me Find the Right Vacuum

Hello!! I need help choosing the right vacuum for my home. We are dramatically downsizing and I do not need a big heavy vacuum anymore! 1700 sq ft, all hardwood and tile, Australian Shepherd that sheds like crazy. No stairs. I need something that will be good for pet hair and DUST. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @runnergirl 

Thanks for sharing this with the community! It’s a great question! 

I can’t think of a better place for this to be, then in our ‘Featured’ section of the homepage! Combined with our ‘Spotlighted Post’ tag, it should help it to stand out even more to our other owners and help you get that all important answer 😀

While you wait, why don’t you check out our ‘Help me Choose’ option for the Dyson Cordless vacuum cleaners on the Dyson website. 

Here you’ll be prompted to answer 4 on-screen questions, which focus on your individual needs and requirements. Once completed, you’ll be presented with 3 recommendations. 

I can’t wait to hear what you choose 😁!

Stuart

We love our Outsize! It’s one of their Cordless stick cleaner. Using the dock to charge is a must! We’re able to do our 2 story, 3 bedroom townhouse in one cleaning session. Carpet on the upper level and hardwood throughout on the lower. 2 cats, 1 dog. The only real maintenance my husband does is detangle my long hairs from around the spinning bar. My only wish is that it came with a second filter. 9.5/10! 

Userlevel 4

I second the Outsize! Fantastic, great, wonderful Dyson product. The extra large bin means I’m not emptying it after each clean! 10/10 for me! With sparkling light and a cherry! 😁

I used the help me choose options for my latest purchase. I am not disappointed. I now have a V8, V11 and Gen5. A few year between each one of course. The V8 is now only for car cleaning, while the V11 and Gen5 are between floors.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I love our V8. It’s the previous model, but still does what a Dyson does! Easily a better workhorse than my husband around the house 😂! If you wanted something a little cheaper, light weight and easy to use. I’d highly recommend that! The V8. Not my husband.. 😅

@runnergirl which did you choose in the end? 

I think for a house like you mentioned, the best option would be to go for a previous model that has specific specs. Since you mentioned Australian Shepherd, I’d say a Dyson Vacuum with a big canister plus one that can provide you with high suction power for dust. V8 or V11s too, sound like a good option in that department. Fits your needs and isn’t too heavy on the budget as well :)