Help!! My wife washed the whole Fluffy Optic cleaner head..... | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Help!! My wife washed the whole Fluffy Optic cleaner head.....

• 3 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi all, would like to get advice on this issue, recently i just bought a v15s detect slim submarine, and somehow my dear wife decided it was a good idea to wash the whole Fluffy Optic™️ cleaner head in a soap water. It was too late when i know about it, as i understand there is the laser light and some circuit boards there and we shouldnt wash the whole head. I already tried using a hair dryer to try dry it as much as possible.

For time being i told my family not to use the vacumm first as i worry the water inside is not dried yet and may cause circuit problems to the cleaner head. May i know what is the best way to dry the inside parts or is it ok that the thing is actually waterproofed?

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @jackm76,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

I’m sorry to hear about this - with the exception of the Dyson Submarine™ wet roller head, Dyson motorised cleaner heads should never be exposed to water or used to pick up wet spills. They contain components including wiring, electronics, bearings, and the motor which powers the rotating brush bar - which could all be damaged if subjected to wet cleaning. Only the removable soft roller itself should be washed, before being allowed to air-dry thoroughly for 24-48 hours before being refitted.

As a precaution we would advise against continuing to use this soft-roller cleaner head. It may no longer be functional, and you could risk any residual water making it’s way into your machine and causing further damage. 

You should be able to order a replacement Soft roller cleaner head directly from Dyson.com. If the part you need isn’t in stock right now, please sign up using the ‘Keep me updated’ option, and we’ll email you as soon as as it’s available again.

You can also see the recommended maintenance advice for the Dyson V15 Detect™ vacuum in our video guide:

Hope this helps!