Horrendous Return Experience - Refund Still Pending | Dyson Community
Solved

Horrendous Return Experience - Refund Still Pending

• 17 February 2024
  • 4 replies

As an owner of multiple Dyson products in different categories and customer for many years I am very disappointed in the lack of attention and concern Dyson pays to its customers in the returns and refunds process. How can I consider purchasing additional product and support a company that treats it’s customers this way?

I ordered a Dyson hair care product for a family member as a holiday gift and it so happens they already owned the item - great for Dyson - not so great for me as it turns out... When I submitted my return request on 12/25, I got no response. I had to contact customer care directly by phone, and sit on hold for over an hour. The associate had no idea how to process my return and was not able to locate my product information despite the fact that the item was purchased through my personal Dyson account on the Dyson site. I was asked to call back when I could provide more details regarding my purchase and the specific serial number.

When I called back with the physical product in hand on 12/30, the expert I spoke with was able to locate my order information and help process my return in a matter of minutes without the need for the serial number from the physical product. I was able to print my return label and ship my item back that day. I finally received acknowledgement of receipt of my return item on 1/10 in an email stating that my refund would be issued within 7-10 business days. I waited 14 days and nothing.

I called Dyson and the expert I spoke with that day “contacted the refund department directly to escalate my case,” while we were on the phone and stated that I would receive an email from them within 24 hours. I felt relieved at the time, but it was a lie. No email ever arrived.

I called again today 5 ½ weeks after my return product was confirmed received and waited 25 minutes to be connected to an expert, who provided the same canned responses and explanations I received a month ago, stating that perhaps my method of payment hadn’t completed a billing cycle since my refund had been processed and it could be the banks fault for not refunding the credit to my account. Mind you, these experts are being guided to make these statements without any access to or knowledge of the form of payment that was used. 

I feel empathy for the customer service associates that are being put in such a terrible position by Dyson company. They are able to see the history and record of communication, but they are not allowed to advise if a refund has actually been issued. They are forced to repeatedly provide misleading and untrue information to customers. This all seems like very shady business by the Dyson executive team and their choices in establishing a misleading and dishonest customer service returns process. 

As it stands I am still awaiting some acknowledgement and notification that my refund has been processed many many weeks after DYSON has confirmed receipt of the brand new item I returned in original packaging, never opened. For all I know they have already shipped my return item to another customer and been paid for it AGAIN while I wait for my refund. Glad I can help Dyson finance their business.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 17 February 2024, 20:47

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Hi @CustomerforYEARS  I am sorry that you have not received any information about your refund. A review like this is something I do not like to see. Please feel free to email askdysonUS@dyson.com in the Subject Line please include:  "Dyson.Com Review" and provide your order ID and we will be happy to look into this matter for you.   

Hi brandir, I appreciate your suggestion and I have submitted an email to askdysonUS@dyson.com.

I’d like to take a moment to note that @brandir was able to step in and process my return immediately upon receipt of my order specific information. I am grateful for the quick resolution and can only wish that I had received this type of service at the onset of my return process. I love Dyson product and it’s a shame to have had such a tough experience.

@CustomerforYEARS Glad that brandir was able to help! I have sent an email to askDysonUS and have yet to see a response.