Horrible customer service experience from refund process | Dyson Community

Horrible customer service experience from refund process

• 20 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I am writing to express my extreme dissatisfaction with the refund process I have been experiencing with your company. It has been over two months since I initiated the refund request, and yet there has been no progress or resolution in sight. This level of delay and lack of response is simply unacceptable and reflects poorly on Dyson's commitment to customer satisfaction.

I contacted your customer support from April 2023 to request a refund for the aforementioned product. At that time, I was assured that my request would be promptly processed, and the refund would be issued within a reasonable timeframe. However, I have been met with nothing but frustration and disappointment ever since.

Despite repeated follow-ups and providing all the necessary information, there has been no concrete action taken to resolve my refund request. It is disheartening to be continuously met with vague responses and empty promises without any indication of when I can expect to receive my hard-earned money back.

This recent experience has severely damaged my trust and confidence in the brand.

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

6 replies

There isn’t a direct complaints line or team that consumers/owners can contact. Their staff escalate issue to management, who in turn should contact you. To the degree you’ve had contact, i’d say they’ve not communicated very well. Shame really. Their service used to be great. 

Quoting: Dyson Service Complaint | Dyson Community

“Charliebrown

Hi

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. You won’t find a resolution on this forum. 

Although Dyson moderate the platform, post regularly and do respond to some posts, their team have previously stated service complaints, stock issues and order enquires need to be discussed with their Customer Service teams.

I quote “If you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. As the Dyson Community team do not have access to customer records and thus unable to review individual cases, these issues aren't something we can directly help you with.

I suggest you make contact with Dyson through another channel. Either their telephone service or online chat. I’ve found these are managed by a separate team, who may be able to offer a different level of support. 

Charlie.”

Maybe one of the mods or another member can point you towards a particular method for your country. One that they’ve used before. Try posting where you’re from as a follow up 🤙

Hi @Mikaellee 

Thank you for raising this with us.

It’s always frustrating to hear when one of our valued owners has been waiting for a return or refund to get processed, so thank you for letting us know about this.

Normally, the courier team does provide you with a 1-hour collection time slot once the return for refund has been booked. Since you have enquired within the return period, the team will honor your request by either booking the return or providing a free postage label.

If you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. These issues aren't usually something the Dyson Community team can directly help you with.

Best wishes,

I am having a very similar experience, they are telling me that I need to ship back my device, which I never received, so I go in circles with basically the same 3 people overseas that have been quite un-professional and just lack any real customer service skills.  Not to mention I gave them a shot at trying to resolve the situation prior to cancelling and they just mocked me and told me the same thing you are hearing, we need to wait till we get confirmation, and we will get right on it.  Yeah right!

Also, when asking for a supervisor the first time they put me on hold for 58 minutes, until I called back on another line, and said “my supervisor wont help you, so there is no need to talk to them”

Did anyone got their refund ? Mine is already 21 days delayed. What can i do? 

They keep telling me it will be processed. 

Did anyone got their refund ? Mine is already 21 days delayed. What can i do? 

They keep telling me it will be processed. 

Has anyone actually had the refund processed?!!

Userlevel 1

My refund was finally processed the day after the Better Business Bureau accepted my complaint, so I suggest you file a complaint as well: https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint/0654-33004452