hot/ cold purifier error | Dyson Community
Solved

hot/ cold purifier error

• 11 January 2024
  • 7 replies

I have owned my hot cold purifier for two years and last week it suddenly developed an issue. A warning triangle displayed in the screen and it stopped. I have turned off at the socket and re started but each time it runs for a couple of minutes and then the error re appears. Once I have the error the remote will not work, the only way to switch it off is by the socket.

I also checked the filters which appear fine- the machine has not been used intensively.

I called the support line who simply said I had to return it and pay £99 to rectify. 
Ahead of doing that I thought I would seek advice from the community.

Thanks

Matt

icon

Best answer by Jack 29 January 2024, 17:05

View original

7 replies

Hi @mjh140370 , thanks for your post. For the triangle error, it may help to carry out the following steps below. If the issue continues, I do encourage you to reach back out to our online support team via chat or by phone support.            

• Ensure your machine is not connected to an extension cord, power strip, surge protector, voltage transformer or converter, as these have a negative impact on the Purifiers.
  • Unplug the machine for 5 minutes.
  • If this does not resolve the issue press and hold the power button on the machine and the power button on the remote simultaneously. A count down will appear on the display screen, please keep the button held down until the countdown disappears. Attempt to re-connect.

Thanks, I turned the machine on, display lit up and it started to work although didn’t seem to have fan at full speed( I set a couple of degrees above ambient temp). After 1-2 mins it stopped and the warning light came on. I tried pressing power and remote simultaneously but nothing happened- no count down.

Unfortunately,  no further forward.

Matt

Hi Matt, I also have the Hot + Cool Purifier for just over two years now and the same issue has occurred. When I plug in, the warning triangle is coming up on the display and remote control will not work . I have called customer support who tried to trouble shoot briefly and recommended I return for £99 to repair. 

Please could you update me with your situation? 

Thanks,

Kieran.

Hi,  I am no further forward, i think it’s a case of either return it or throw it in a skip. I am just not sure if the £99 is a guarantee or if it’s possible that you are then into further cost, maybe this community can advise of any experience of returns.

Sounds like the issue is a common one.

Thanks

Matt

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @mjh140370,

Thanks for the update. To clarify, outside the original free 2-year parts and labour guarantee timeframe, a repair would be chargeable at £99. This is a fixed price repair charge including transit both ways - and any work carried out is also guaranteed for 12 months from the date of repair. 

To arrange this, or if you’d like to discuss this option further, you’re welcome to reach back out to Dyson Customer Care.

Hope this helps! 

Thanks Jack

whats the contact method for Customer Care?

Matt

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @mjh140370,

Apologies, I thought from your previous message you’d already been in touch with Customer Care for the information on repair.

You’re welcome to call our UK Helpline on 0800 298 0298 (available 8am-8pm from Monday to Friday, and 8am-6pm on weekends), or to live chat with us via Dyson.co.uk