How can I remove the Dyson Omni-glide cordless vacuum wall docking station? | Dyson Community
Solved

How can I remove the Dyson Omni-glide cordless vacuum wall docking station?

• 17 November 2023
  • 5 replies

I cannot remove the back plate on my wall mounted docking station for the Omni-glide vacuum cleaner that I have just bought. It came with the back place already attached to the dock.

What’s the solution?

(Moderation edit  - title updated)

icon

Best answer by Jack 17 November 2023, 11:49

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Gerry,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and congratulations on your new Dyson Omni-glide™ vacuum!

Sorry to hear the backplate arrived attached to the wall docking station. But this should be simple to resolve - you can detach the two main components by sliding the front up and away from the backplate using a firm, constant force. This video guide may help:

If you continue to have difficulty, our experts are standing by to help - and should be able to replace the wall docking station for you if needed. Like all Dyson cordless vacuums, the Dyson Omni-glide™ comes with a free 2-year parts and labour guarantee.

The quickest way of getting in touch is to Live Chat to us via dyson.co.uk. Just click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant, then click the agent icon in the bottom left of the window to start a Live Chat session.

Hope this helps!

My OmniGlide came with the cable head already fixed into the wall mount. I’m trying to get it out to thread the cable into the floor dok. In the video it jumps from being clipped in to the wall mount to having effortlessly popped out. It is held in place by a plastic clip but I can’t find any way to extract it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Helen21,

It should be possible to retract the plastic lug which secures the charger cord in place - using something like a flat-bladed screw driver - at the same time as pushing the charger cord free from the dock by its pin.

If you’re struggling with this, please reach out to our experts for some further support using Live Chat via dyson.co.uk. Just click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant, then click the agent icon in the bottom left of the window to start a Live Chat session.

Hope this helps!

Yes you’re right -- I did it with a little flat-bladed screwdriver

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Helen21,

Thanks for the update, that’s great news - glad you were able to resolve things!