Inconsistency in Humidity Readings Between Two PH04 Units | Dyson Community
Question

Inconsistency in Humidity Readings Between Two PH04 Units

• 2 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello Dyson Community,

I recently added a second Dyson Purifier Humidify + Cool Formaldehyde PH04 to my home, and I've encountered an issue with humidity readings that I hope to get some insight on.

I've been a satisfied user of the PH04 model, with one unit already functioning well in our master bedroom. Encouraged by its performance, we purchased a second PH04 for our living room. However, upon setting up the new unit, I noticed a significant difference in the humidity readings between the two.

The first PH04, located in the master bedroom, shows a humidity level of 43%. Meanwhile, the new unit in the living room reports a humidity of 49%. To cross-check these readings, I used a digital hygrometer, which has consistently shown a maximum deviation of 5% from the first Dyson unit. However, the reading from the new PH04 differs by about 10% from the hygrometer.

Here are my questions and concerns:

1. Is such a variance in humidity readings between two PH04 units normal?
  2. Could the discrepancy indicate an issue with the new unit's humidity sensor?
  3. Are there any recommended steps I should follow to calibrate or test the accuracy of the new unit?

Any advice or similar experiences shared would be greatly appreciated. I'm keen to understand if this is a common occurrence or if my new unit might require some sort of adjustment or servicing.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Yong-Jin Lee

2 replies

@ylee1212 Thanks for the post. The first thing I’d try is switching the two units from their various rooms to see how that changes their readings (ie see if each unit gets the same rating for each room).

Also, you can walk through the step-by-step visual troubleshooting guides for this model here:

https://www.dyson.com/support/journey/troubleshooting/369207-01

@ylee1212Thanks for the post. The first thing I’d try is switching the two units from their various rooms to see how that changes their readings (ie see if each unit gets the same rating for each room).

Also, you can walk through the step-by-step visual troubleshooting guides for this model here:

https://www.dyson.com/support/journey/troubleshooting/369207-01

Yes.. I tried, it seems like the new one still reports higher humidity level than the original one I had. I didn’t find the troubleshooting steps for the humidity sensor reporting the lower number.  I guess I will just use it.