Is there a low-reach adaptor for the Gen5detect | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Hi, I know others have asked this question but I can’t see a response: is there a low reach adaptor tool for the Gen5Detect?  It would be massively useful for cleaning under beds etc.

I have the low reach tool for our V8, but it doesn’t fit the Gen5.

There are pictures of a low reach tool and the Gen5 on the site, bundled with other tools.

What’s the part number?

Thanks John

I ordered the Low Reach Adapter from the website where they claim it fits the Gen5 on the website. The box showed up and mentions nothing of the Gen5, and the adapter doesn’t fit. Return process is a nightmare wasted 2 hours on a chat where the service reps simply don’t have their act together. Never again for me on Dyson, such a bad experience. 

Thanks for the update. You know it’s a terrible shame - we’ve had a corded Dyson for 24 years - still works fine, only problem was getting replacement parts.  And for the first 20 years all the accessories were damnably cheap and the service was great.  We also really love the Gen5 - it halves the time it takes to vacuum, and we do it more often because it’s easier.  Let’s hope they get it together.

Oh and if I ever get the time to mod the low reach adapter (looks like you could just Dremel out the tongue of plastic to make it fit) I’ll let you know.  Of course, for the price we shouldn’t have to do that...