is this normal when i close the plates? | Dyson Community
Solved

is this normal when i close the plates?

• 8 February 2024
  • 1 reply

this is how they align as I gently shut the corrale. It also doesn’t glide smoothly through hair and seems to catch more or snag. Thoughts? 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 12 February 2024, 18:39

View original

1 reply

Hi @Natn,

Thanks for your post - from the photo you’ve provided, everything looks as expected with your Dyson Corrale™ straightener.

I have some tips for your regarding the snagging, also:

If you're having trouble gliding through your hair with the Dyson Corrale™ straightener, try the following simple steps:

• Before styling, ensure hair is tangle-free and completely dry. For best results, section your hair before starting to style.

• Because the flexing plates shape to gather your hair, you don’t need to apply as much tension. Loosen the grip and let the machine do the work for you.

• The perfect tress size will depend on your hair type. Try a few different section sizes and see what works best for you. If you have coarse or curly hair, try starting with smaller sections. If you have fine hair, try using larger sections.

• To maximize the benefits of the flexing plates, ensure the hair tress is in the middle of the plates when styling.

• Try using slow, even passes rather than multiple quick passes.

•  If you’re finding it difficult to style the ends of your hair, it may be because you have finer or more layered hair. Try styling your roots and mid-lengths first, and style the ends last so you can take larger sections of hair.