Is WhatsApp hacked? | Dyson Community
Solved

Is WhatsApp hacked?

• 15 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I anm into 4th week of trying to return an Airwrap. So far received a box large enough to live in with an exchange label attached instead of return- this was not collected. Then a driver brought a laptop box and requested I tip contents from original Airwrap packaging into it as box was too small for an Airwrap box..  Now expecting return collection end of this week, hoping 3rd time lucky.

Today received a WhatsApp message requesting I send a message to continue conversation regarding return, my response resulted in a WhatsApp alert that ‘This business worked with other companies to manage this message’. 
Has the Dyson WhatsApp channel been hacked and do I need to take remedial action?  If so, what action?  If not, what other companies now have my details?

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added)

icon

Best answer by Jack 15 June 2023, 11:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @RebeccaE,

Just to reassure you, the message you’ve mentioned is totally normal and nothing to be concerned about. It's inserted automatically by WhatsApp as we work with third party digital messaging management platforms to receive and respond to conversations. You can find WhatsApp's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy within the app under Settings, and you can review the Dyson Privacy Policy here.

Occasionally on WhatsApp we may ask you to send us a message to reinitiate a conversation that's timed out - this can happen if a message hasn't been responded to for 24 hours or longer. During an extended conversation, periodically we may also ask you to reconfirm your personal details to make sure we remain compliant with GDPR legislation.  

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with trying to return your Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler. It sounds like this hasn't lived up to our usual high standards, and I can only apologise for any inconvenience caused. As you're already in touch with the Dyson UK Customer Care team, I'd encourage you to continue your conversation with them as they're best placed to support with any further questions you may have around the returns process.

I hope this information is useful!

Badge

I’ve now had two promises of freepost labels which have not arrived. My money is not returned. I’ve stayed home on multiple occasions for failed collections. Dyson are messing with me.

Badge

I am now seven weeks into requesting a refund, with no success - lots of promises, three boxes delivered but nothing collected.  I get charming messages when I post here, but no result.  I’ve emailed Dyson directors and received no response.  Meanwhile my money is hostage and I must navigate around the enormous boxes in my house awaiting collection with no date set.