Looping with support to get a unit collected, process to take forever | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Question

Looping with support to get a unit collected, process to take forever

• 6 June 2024
  • 0 replies

Thought I’d share my recent experience with Dyson. Never ever have I had this many issues to have a product refunded.

1. When I was told that I had to return the machine, I asked some basic questions about the process (how should I box the unit, chances of unexpected costs, etc). No answer to this day.
  2. I ended up following up via chat asking for a return label.
  3. Label is wrong (label is using an old address, even though the active address on my profile is correct).
  4. Label updated. Address is correct but the district it points to, isn't.
  5. Label updated. Address is correct but has typos on it. This also creates a new address on my account.
  6. Transport company, can't locate the address due to the typo (points to wrong district). Cancels the pickup.
  7. Label updated. This time everything seems correct.
  8. Label wasn’t correct, there was a 0 instead of a D, so the courier went to the wrong address.
  9. Label updated. Pickup scheduled for next week, the person on the phone seemed to acknowledge the problem and saw how big of a mess this all was, gave me a new ref number, cancelled the old labels and made a new one with perfect indications, which is basically whats written on my dyson profile.

Total time spent to get a working return label: 2 weeks. Given that this week the courier won’t be able to visit our address, this is likely to add up to 3 weeks JUST to get the item collected. 

The only positive thing I can take out of this is to never, ever use the chat or emails again. Both chat and email appear to be filled with outsourced departments that can’t speak native languages and keep messing up the most trivial tasks. My address was never missing from my dyson profile, it was right there since the beginning, this should have never been an issue.

To add to the problem, both the unit and the part that is faulty are out of the stock on the website, so this is likely to carry on for a very long time, this is unacceptable for a unit that costed 800 EUR and was bought last year.

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.