Managing devices in multiple homes | Dyson Community
Solved

Managing devices in multiple homes

• 4 January 2022
  • 2 replies

I recently purchased a PH03 air purifier/humidifier. It’s working great. I’m now considering buying one for my second home. In looking at the Dyson app, there doesn’t seem to be a way to setup multiple homes, even though I can add multiple devices. In this case, it’s of interest because the app reports local air quality conditions, and my two homes are in very different locations/climates. 

Have I missed something? Or can I only specify a single home in the app and all my devices are assumed to be in that single home?  

If so, that’s disappointing. I suppose that means I’ll have to manually change the home “location” depending on which house I’m in at the time.

(Edited by moderator – tags amended)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 6 January 2022, 14:32

View original

2 replies

Hey @SigL 

Welcome to the community…

Coincidentally I had the same problem a couple of months back. We brought a machine for my mother in law. She hasn’t got her head around technology, so we set the machine up on our app. 

Through trial and error I found that you can set a different home location for each machine registered on the one app. You need to go into the machine settings and select a different town/city.

I’ve included a few screenshots of my app that might help you out.. 

Pete. 

Thanks @WoodenMan.  I did find that location setting, but wasn’t sure it was associated with the individual machine - sounds like it is, so that’s good news.  I’ll give this a try when I get my second machine.