multi floor 2 on tall/thick carpet | Dyson Community

multi floor 2 on tall/thick carpet

• 29 October 2022
  • 2 replies

We have a dyson multi floor 2, less than one year old. It works fine everywhere except on one rug in particular, which is too thick or too tall. The head does not spin when vacuuming the rug. Without the spinning head, dirt just stays trapped in the carpet. I tried vacuuming the rug with just the wand but it’s very time consuming and doesn’t clean as well.

I saw a video on YouTube where a guy improvised by putting some orings around parts of the plastic head. This just seems ridiculous to me. I bought the “multi floor” model because I thought it would work well on all of the types of floor in our house.

How can I get the multi floor 2 to work properly on our tall/thick carpet without hacking it?

2 replies

There’s one rug where our v10 doesn’t work. The brush bar just stops spinning! We’ve tried multiple heads, attachments, other than getting on our knees using the smaller rotation tool, there isn’t a way to clean it with our main Dyson head. 

Sounds silly, but we’ve just accepted that. It works great everywhere else. Not saying this should be the case for you.

I’d expect a multi floor to work on all carpet types. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi Darlin! 

I’m not 100% Multi Floor is what you think it is!

It’s something to do with the brush bar fibres and how it works across different flooring. 

Have y’all spoke to the carpet manufacturer? 

Lemon.