Must we continually pay to replace our Dyson every 1-2 years? | Dyson Community
Question

Must we continually pay to replace our Dyson every 1-2 years?

• 11 December 2023
  • 3 replies

We bought a V11 Absolute cordless in 2019 after giving up on our “ball” upright Dyson.

Sure enough, just before the warranty expired in 2021 it stopped working.

I was very grateful of the Dyson customer service, despite my friends telling me to buy a “shark” I persisted and soon received an entirely new unit (main body etc.).

Imagine my amazement however, when 2 years later my vacuum is malfuntioning, starting/stopping intermittently, continuing to vacuum when the power button has been released and forget using the long “wand”, it won’t work at all with that!

So, I phoned Dyson to explain that the only way I can hoover my living room is by crawling around on my hands and knees with the motorised head, whispering sweetly into it’s air intake….
I then discover the new unit didn’t even come with a new warranty “it expired in 2021” the agent tells me (just after they sent it to me in 2021.

The agent insisted it was the battery that was at fault at a cost of over £160… not sure how that will affect the wand.

As I am writing, I’ve been in the queue for their customers services for over 30minutes, am I wasting my time trying to speak to the complaints department?

Maybe it’s just me who has been unlucky, owning (and disposing) more than 2 (soon to be 3!) Dysons in 5 years!

So I ask, why am I spending over £300 on what appears to be a disposable device from Dyson, lasting only 2 years at most? 

3 replies

Hi @kenco8801 . We are sorry to hear of your recent experience with your Dyson V11. We do value your time and patience and wish to direct you to the right team towards a resolution. We do ask that you please reach out to our support team via phone or by chat support for further assistance. 

Phone support- 0800-298-0298

Our helpline hours:

• 08:00 – 20:00 Monday to Friday 
  • 08:00 – 18:00 Saturday and Sunday

@Summer.Jackson  is this the same team that I’m waiting on a call back from?

ETA 72hrs from Monday…

@kenco8801 Please reach out to support in your region, for further assistance.