My Dyson HP09 blows cold air while not heating - Is this right? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

My Dyson HP09 blows cold air while not heating - Is this right?

• 24 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi! Yesterday I received my Dyson HP09 and I noticed something that's in may opinion is odd. Unfortunately Dyson doesn't support App in my country, so I have limited features using only remote. Everything works good, heating sistem is working, but when it stops and just purifies the air, at some moments it starts to blow cold air. Is there are any option to turn off the cooling function? Because right now it's quite cold where I live and the cold air is the last thing I want in my house. Can I fix this?

Thank you in advance,

D.

1 reply

Hi @dita.st  -  you need to set the temperature higher on your machine. The way the heat function works -  once it reaches the set temperature - then it will simply maintain the temperature in the room - not continually heat.
Also to note - there isn’t actually a cooling element like, say, an air conditioner. The cooling function is just fan, whereas the heating function does actually have a space heater element built-in.

If you’re interested in learning more about how to Purifiers work in the various modes, please refer to our Using Auto mode (Purifier, Heater and Humidify) | Dyson Community article. 

Thanks, 

Adam.