New here, but I have an idea - Cordless Charging | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

New here, but I have an idea - Cordless Charging

Hello everyone. I live in Houston, TX and our household includes a Dyson vacuum cleaner, a Dyson blow dryer for hair and a Dyson air purifier. Anyway, these are all great products. 
I have an idea that you can give feedback on, if you’d care to. 
Here in Houston we’ve had multiple situations where we’ve lost electric power. An odd hard freeze (for two consecutive winters) and very hot temperatures have challenged our too-feeble electric grid. As I write this I heard on the radio that ERCOT (here in Texas) has requested that customers dial back their power usage between the hours of 4 and 8 pm to prevent trouble. Anyway, it’s a pain to get a cell phone charged sometimes in these circumstances, so I was thinking about the powerful battery that’s in a Dyson vacuum cleaner. My idea/suggestion is why can’t Dyson add a USB charging port to their vacuum cleaners as a convenient option in a case where an electric power outage happens? It would be powered from the much larger internal battery the vacuum cleaner uses. People get more interested in maintaining cell phone usage in outage/ disaster situations than maintaining a clean floor. This way one does not have to go out to their vehicle to charge their phone. It would be a nice feature I think. What do you think?

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Hi @MichaelJF 

Thank you for posing your idea.

Although we always love to hear feedback on our technology from Dyson owners, unfortunately we can’t accept product ideas and suggestions submitted from outside our organisation. This could lead to misunderstandings - we have to be very cautious, especially in terms of intellectual property. 

We have a 6,000-strong global engineering team, who are busy developing a pipeline of new Dyson technology stretching 25 years into the future. We can't reveal anything they might be working on until we're ready to launch, but the Dyson Community is a great place to stay up to date with our latest news! 

We do wish you the best of luck with your ideas!

Hello Jodey

Your response makes sense and I thank you for it.

Best wishes.

Michael