No order confirmation sent unable to locate my order | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

I am putting this on here in the hopes Dyson takes my issue seriously and someone will actually resolve my issue as they have no email to sent my complaint to. I can see through previous posts people have finally had their issues taken seriously and resolved through this.

I purchased an air wrap direct from their website when it was on sale for £299.99.

I never received an order confirmation but didn’t pay much attention to that as I got the item the next day, I needed to return the item a week later and when I contacted customer service they were unable to locate a purchase from me, and the people I spoke to outright tried to gas light me into believing I bought it from a different company. I thought even without an order number there would be proof of my purchase through email, contact details, bank details and address. 

I showed proof of my bank statement saying Dyson limited but this was not good enough for them, at one point I was told from the company that by searching for the product code on the item itself that the purchase was from Argos and not Dyson, which I advised against as I had made the purchase.

Customer service fobbed me off and told me to contact Argos and to get back to them if issues continued. I know I had not got it from them but contacted them all the same to prove this, they confirmed they had nothing with my details.

I again went back to customer service and was told the same, no help could be given due to a lack of order number despite me confirming I never received this.

This left me with no choice but to dispute this payment with my bank, as dyson was I did not buy from them I needed to know where my money went.

In the meantime I left a one star review on trip adviser as the customer service was absolutely shocking, to purchase an item and be told by the company you didn't buy it from them and then have no solutions given is atrocious. On this review I was advised someone would contact me, they didn't, and I heard nothing further from Dyson in regards to my previous talk with customer service. I had hoped leaving the review would give the company the nudge it needed to contact me and help resolve the issue. Obviously not.

Today my bank contacts me in regards to the dispute, and unsurprisingly Dyson has confirmed my purchase despite telling me I did not buy it from them. All it took was the threat of the bank taking the money away from them to magically find my order.

My bank had been sent proof of my purchase with an order number, my details such as address and card details and even a picture of the item being delivered to my house.

Tell me how this information was magically found, but when I contact customer service they have no proof of my purchase? I have never been more disgusted with a company in my entire life.

So I call again today to explain that Dyson admitted to the bank I bought the item from them, and somehow now it's me asking the order can't be found again! And I'm advised there is an account with my details but no order on it, so again unable to help me.

The second person I spoke to I gave the order number on the document the bank sent me and he says it's something like the order number the company has internally but not one sent to customers and he even told me it sounds like there has been some type of glitch in the system and an order number/email was never generated? Which is fine issues happen with online systems all the time, what is not fine is the company refusing to help me and being constantly fobbed off.

The gent I spoke to today was very nice and advised he had escalated the issue and gave me two numbers for the case

As you can imagine however my trust and faith in the company is none existent, and I doubt I will hear back from them even after my two further calls to them today

At this point I am considering legal action as I'm unsure what other choice I am left with. Even if they were to magically find an order number for me to return this item how can they be trusted to refund me if I do sent it back. The trust is completely gone, and this whole process has been so stressful.

Has anyone else experienced an issue like this before with the company denying you bought an item from them? All I wanted to do was return an item which they state on their website they can do. Honestly I’m sick with anxiety over the whole thing 😔

Hi @AmyJ,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this.

I’ve reached out directly to take some further information. Please check your Dyson Community private message inbox and provide the details requested.

I’ll look forward to hearing from you.